Thursday, November 22, 2007

2007 NFL - Week 11 Picks (Part one)

My apologies for the lack of a Rants & Ranks post this week. I was a little preoccupied. I was in Vegas. Probably not a good idea, after the week I had following blowing out a tire on my car. In fact, I blame that single event for screwing me up totally. I'll bring a couple stories from the trip to the table later in the week.

Real quick, before I go gorge on turkey and all the fixings, the picks for today's games:

Packers (-4) over LIONS: I'm quickly losing faith in the Lions and Jon Kitna's preseason 10-win prediction. They should still be good for 8, maybe 9. But 10 looks tougher and tougher. P.S. The Packers are pretty good right now.

COWBOYS (-14.5) over Jets: Talk about a letdown game. The Jets manage to pick off the Steelers, then get rewarded with a Thanksgiving Day, short week, road game, facing the second best team in the NFC and third best in the NFL (see how I'm working those missing ranks in here...). In other news, maybe 4-4 isn't out of the question for Kellen Clemens. By the way - I feel a lot better about a tease here than the full 14.5. Feels like a 13-point Dallas win to me.

FALCONS (+13) over Colts: I said it last week, I'll repeat it today - I'm not taking the Colts to cover a big line until I see all their weapons back on the field. They don't have the pieces on offense to generate quick scores, and they don't have the pieces on defense to force opposing teams into short three-and-out situations to hold their score down. 13 points, even to the Falcons, is too much.

RECAP: Packers / COWBOYS / FALCONS

Back Friday with the Sunday picks.

Lata

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home