Thursday, November 15, 2007

Week 11 Picks

Early picks this week everybody. Tired of putting up the picks late Friday afternoon and having people e-mail me to complain that they didn't read them in time. Not that my picks are stellar this year - I think people are pissed once they realize we picked the same way and they're about to lose money.

Anyway, after my back to back runs of 9-4 in Week 8 and 8-5 in Week 9, I cam crashing back to Earth last weekend with a 6-8-1 showing. I was hoping for 8-6-1 to get to .500, but it didn't quite happen - the numbers on teh year currently sit at 65-69-10. Not dead yet, but with only 7 weeks left in the season, I'm not exactly sitting pretty either.

Maybe I'll just bet money lines from now on. Probably a whole lot easier anyway.

Onto this week's numbers - as always, lines from Bodog.com and accurate as of 9am Thursday. Home teams are in CAPS.

Raiders (+5.5) over VIKINGS: So, the Vikings get blown away last week, suffering only the third shutout of the season (to the Packers no less!) and this week they're giving five and a half while still not having a viable quarterback or running back? How bad does Vegas think Oakland is?

EAGLES (-10.5) over Dolphins: I'm actually kind of interested to see this kid Beck in Miami. Considering that there really isn't much competition for the Patriots in the AFC East for the next couple of seasons, I'd like to see what they'll be up against in about 2011.

JAGUARS (-3) over Chargers: I can't make sense of the Chargers, and apparantely neither can Vegas. They're giving the Jags the customary 3-point homefield advantage, and nothing else. If the Chargers play like they did in the first half last week, this this is a major notch in San Diego's belt. But if they play like the second half against the Colts, the Jaguars will be atop the AFC South at the end of the day.

Browns (-3) over RAVENS: If the Ravens can't put up points on the Bengals defense, there's no way they're hanging in this game. The Browns are for real people, and you have no idea how weird it is to type that.

TEXANS (pk) over Saints: The Texans get Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson back for this game, just in time to light up the Saints bottom-feeding pass defense. I should know - I just traded for both of them this week.

Bucs (-3) over FALCONS: I know the Birds are making a push toward the top of the NFC South (?!?!), but the Bucs are stil lthe best team in that division. I think they come out fast and put this game away early. But it's the NFC - a 7-9 record for the Falcons should have them in line for a Wild Card...

Cardinals (+3.5) over BENGALS: I've seen nothing at all to make me think the Bengals should be favored the rest of this season. The defense is a seive. The offense had to settle for seven field goals last week against a vastly overrated Baltimore defensive unit. The Bengals are just plain bad.

LIONS (-3) over Giants: Only because the Lions are the home team. By the way - I played poker last week with a couple guys from Detroit (don't ask about the results... I still haven't stopped shaking). Now I understand why the Lions were underdogs last week - they are a completely different team on the road.

PACKERS (-10) over Panthers: Do we know who's starting for the Panthers yet? My point exactly...

Chiefs (+15.5) over COLTS: I know it's Brodie Croyle's first start. I know the game is in Indianapolis, and I know the Chiefs will probably have 5-8 false start penalties. But I also know the Colts are without their best receiver and best defensive lineman, and that the Chiefs should be able to run the ball pretty well and control the clock. If that's the case, the Colts won't have enough time on offense to build up a 16-point lead.

Steelers (-10) over JETS: No reason for this line to be under 14. Think Big Ben's had a nice run the past couple of weeks? Wait until this week and next when he gets the Jets and Dolphins.

Rams (-3) over 49ERS: How bad is it for San Francisco? St. Louis just won their first game of the year, and really the only game in which they've looked competetive for 60 minutes, and now they're a three point favorite on the road for a division game. Ouch.

Bears (+6) over SEAHAWKS: I'm not convinced about Seattle's abilities or Chicago's futility. I know Rex Grossman's back under center - maybe this time he wakes up and realizes how to be an NFL quarterback.

COWBOYS (-11) over Redskins: I was all set to take the Redskins and the Cowboys' money line. Even had the whole thing written out here. Then I remembered Sean Taylor is out, and there is nobody in the Washington secondary to slow down Terrell Owens and impede his path to dancing on the star.

Patriots (-16) over BILLS: If Marshawn Lynch was playing, I'd take the Bills to cover this line. But with the Pats' defense knowing they can force J.P. Losman to beat them... well, let's just say I don't see that happening.

Titans (+2) over BRONCOS: For as much as Denver loves to perform in prime time, nationally televised games... uh - so does Vince Young.

RECAP: Radiers / EAGLES / JAGUARS / Browns / TEXANS / Bucs / Cardinals / LIONS / PACKERS / Chiefs / Steelers / Rams / Bears / COWBOYS / Patriots / Titans

That's it. Back again next week with the Ranks. And maybe a good story or two...

Lata.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home