Thursday, February 24, 2005

2005 MLB Preview - Introduction

Ah… Spring. Time to dust off the batting gloves, tar up the batting helmet, and get the MLB Extra Innings ordering form handy. That is, if I had Satellite TV. A time of rebirth, a time to reflect (again) on the successes or failures from the year past. And of course…

The perfect time to read my 2005 Major League Baseball Season Preview.

Now, I know that technically Spring is three weeks away, or at least that’s what the petrified groundhog in Pennsylvania told us about two and a half weeks ago. But my official first day of Spring is the day that the local news covers (and with great enthusiasm, I might add) the loading of the Red Sox’ team trailer with all of the players’ equipment as it makes it’s journey from Fenway Park to Fort Myers, Florida. Nothing screams Spring quite like hundreds of bats and baseballs being stuffed into duffel bags and tossed into the back of an 18-wheeler.

And now, since all the major players have signed their contracts and most of the major pre-season trades have been made (look out for Mike Cameron – last big name that should move before Opening Day), I figured that today would be the best time to give you my insight into the upcoming 2005 season.

“Insight?! Are you serious?” I’m sure that’s the thought on each of your minds right now. But trust me – baseball, I know. Playoff football; not so much. But baseball, yeah, I got that covered.

Quickly, before I go into my current thoughts, (which will get changed at the All-star Break, I’m almost certain. And probably changed again after the July 31st trading deadline. And maybe one more time after the waiver deadline…) I would like to invite you to revisit the “predictions” I made a couple of days before the start of the 2004 MLB playoffs…

Obviously most of them involve things that have yet to happen. But of the ones that already occurred (Petey & Beltran not in pinstripes, the Devil Rays signing a big free agent pitcher – Hideo Nomo - and the Expos without a permanent home) I’m 3 - 3. Not too shabby…

And now, without further ado, onto the 10,000-word reason we’re all here, as well as the reason that I have developed full-blown carpal tunnel syndrome…

(My apologies about BlogSpot's issues with Microsoft Word formatting)

American League East

American League Central

American League West

National League East

National League Central

National League West

Awards & Playoffs

Now I’m sure you’re all as tired of reading this as I am of writing it. Go forth and spread the word. And feel free to send along hate mail. I won’t be writing much for a little while longer, probably until the NCAA basketball tourney starts. So I’ll have plenty of time to read e-mails and discuss why you think I suck.

Lata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home