Sunday, December 24, 2006

One more reason to hate the Bengals in 2006...

There are no words to describe my anger right now. None.

Allow me to paint a little picture for you, kind of set the scene. I wrote my weekly picks (minus the GB/MIN game) on Friday. On Friday night, I decided that since last week I had picked games so successfully, I should try actually putting real cash on the games one last time.

As I do every time, I had money scattered around about six different parlays, teasers, etc. There’s always the one “big” bet, and one “break-even” bet, with a few others mixed in. The big bet usually pays off 20+ times the total of all the other bets combined.

This week, my big bet was a seven-team parlay. Follow along with me if you will:

Titans (+4.5) Final Score: Tennessee 30, Buffalo 29

Saints (+3) – Final Score: New Orleans 30, New York Giants 7

Rams (-2) – Final Score: St. Louis 37, Washington 31

Ravens (+3) – Final Score: Baltimore 31, Pittsburgh 7 (More on this one later)

Bears (-4.5) – Final Score: Chicago 27, Detroit 21

Patriots (+3) – Final Score: New England 24, Jacksonville 21

So far, so good. By the way, this seven-team parlay paid off at a little over $2600. Keep in mind, I’m going to Vegas in three weeks, and a little extra cash never hurt for a Vegas trip.

Final game: BRONCOS (-3) over Bengals:

I spent the second half of this game at my cousin’s house for Christmas Eve. No TV while the family was talking. When I left my house, Denver was up a touchdown.

I decided to flip on a TV in the bedroom, just in time to see Denver punt the ball back to Cincy with about four minutes to go, still leading 24-17. Phew.

Then Cincy started driving.

Then Carson Palmer completed a ridiculous fourth and nine for 22 yards to the Broncos’ 24-yard line.

Then Cincy got inside the 10. My stomach started hurting.

Then TJ Houshmanzadeh made my head hurt by catching what seemed to be the game tying touchdown.

My cousin was sitting next to me at this point, and asked me why I was so pissed off.

“Because even if they go to overtime, Denver will probably only push the 3-points. Of course, with my luck, the Bengals will screw up the extra point and completely blow up my bet.”

No sooner had the words left my mouth, than Brad St. Louis, Kenny Larson and Shayne Graham proved me prophetic.

I nearly puked up my Christmas Eve dinner.

I’m going to bed.

Lata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home