Monday, February 13, 2006

I have the grace of a drunken, three-legged rhinoceros on ice skates...

Yes, I realize I’ve been slacking. Horribly. You can stop bombarding me with e-mails now.

Allow me to at least try to explain. You see, I had planned on watching the Super Bowl and writing an in depth analysis of the game, complete with the satirical jabs you’ve all come to know and expect from me. The only problem was, by halftime my friends and I had lost interest in the game, so we decided to play poker for a couple hours instead. Therefore, the only time I really paid any attention to the television was if a hot chick was appearing, either at the game or in an ad, or if one of my buddies screamed “Holy Shit – that’s a terrible call! How’d they miss that one?”

That led me to Plan B. Watching the Olympics and the Pro Bowl to say something witty and insightful about those events. Or maybe waxing poetic about the impending free agency of such NFL stars as Edgerrin James and 2005 league MVP (hold for laughter) Shaun Alexander.

But you see, the Olympics are horribly boring to me, since I have never even attempted to play any of these sports seriously (although I was a figure skater for some years as introduction to the ice before trying to play hockey. Unfortunately, I have the grace of a drunken, three-legged rhinoceros on ice skates, which kind of precludes me from playing hockey at any level above pee-wees. But I digress…)

Onto Plan C - preparing to write my annual Major League Baseball Season Preview post, which is actually seven posts condensed into one for your ease. This one is actually still in the works, although Mother Nature’s idea of humor – dropping 14 inches of snow on my house this weekend, along with my yearly “Late January / Early February three-week head cold” have kind of slowed me down a bit.

It’s coming. I promise. And I’m giving my honest opinion on every team, no matter how much some of you might think I’m damning your team to the basement of their division (that’s a whole different story – one that will be retold in the N.L. East Preview)…

Oh, and before I forget... I'm glad that, once again, others can get a laugh at my misery... (scroll down the page)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/02/10/ten.spot/1.html

Wish me luck. I’ll try to post something – anything, even if it’s only a progress report – sometime next week.

Lata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home