Thursday, November 24, 2005

Week 12 Picks -Thanksgiving Day Edition

Quick Picks – Thanksgiving Day ‘05

So, I completely forgot to spend yesterday researching the games and writing all of my picks before going to bed for 13 hours in preparation for my inevitable Trictophan coma later today. Sorry. Had kind of a rough Wednesday.

Anyway, just so you’re not lost for today’s games, here are my two picks. I’ll try and get the Sunday games up by midday Saturday, as well as a couple thoughts about the Marlins’ fire sale and Jim Thome’s return to the AL Central...

Falcons (-3) over LIONS: Listen, I Know the Lions have a pretty good history on Thanksgiving Day, and there’s nothing I enjoy more than seeing them in their throwback uni’s from like forty years ago. But last year, Peyton Manning and the Colts embarrassed them (I remember thinking at one point that Manning might throw eight TD’s that day). Detroit’s defense hasn’t gotten any better, and Joey Harrington’s gotten worse. It’ll be a high-scoring game (O/U at 43.5 – take the over), but Atlanta wins it, and pretty easily.

Broncos (-2.5) over COWBOYS: I’m a little less confident about this pick. Although, to ease my fears, the line did open as low as Broncos (-1) and is now as high as Broncos (-3.5), so I feel a little better. As much as I like Dallas this year (really Tex, I do like Dallas. I think I’ve only picked against them three times before today), I just think Denver is one of the three best teams in football right now. With or without Tatum Bell, Denver wins. With him, they win big.

So that’s all for today. If I survive the 5AM store openings and the crush of people to go get all of my holiday shopping done tomorrow, I’ll post at night. Otherwise, Saturday.

Lata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home