Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Quick Thoughts - August 23, 2005

Quick Thoughts while desperately trying to crack my back after the return flight...

n Not that I’m telling you anything you don’t already know, but “Puddle-jumpers” are possibly the most twisted, evil type of transportation ever created for people over 5-foot-4 and/or 220 pounds. Seriously. I had a “Window Seat” (There are only 4 seats in every row – 2 windows, 2 aisles), and I spent two hours from Cincinnati to Boston with my left arm halfway into my neighbor’s seat and my knees pulled up to my shoulders. Not the best feeling in the world. To top it off, the ceiling arched almost eight inches lower than my height, so my head had to be tilted about 45-degrees left for the entire trip... Anybody know a good chiropractor?

n Of course, I did just return from my second trip to Las Vegas in as many months... I guess I can’t complain too much.

n Apparently, I’m not allowed to write about poker anymore, or so I’ve been informed by about 15 of my friends...

n Yeah, like that’s gonna stop me...

n I’d fill you all in on my Vegas doings, but since they mostly consist of poker, drinking, and the usual snide comments and crude jokes about my friend Tim’s life choice of heterosexuality, we’ll just leave it with this – it was a great 5 days, and I’ll probably head back in about two months or so...

n The NFL Preview post is coming later this week, or possibly sometime next week. I promise. Well, I don’t “promise”, but I guarantee that it’s on the way. Well, maybe “guarantee” is a bit too strong... but it’s on the way. Definitely. At some point...

And, since I’ve been out of the sports loop for the past week, I’m going to just call it quits here and leave you with my “Quote of the Week”:

On the second night of the trip, we decided to trek from our hotel (The Mirage) to the Coyote Ugly bar in New York New York, about a mile away. Not the best decision made all trip, but the free drinks at dinner might have had something to do with the choice...

Anyway, once inside the miniature room that passed as a “cool” bar, we picked a spot with easy access to the bar and a good sightline to the girls dancing atop it. Which, inevitably, led to the following exchange:

Me: "Damn, that girl on the bar is ridiculously hot..."

Bill: "Which One?"

Me: "The one that has her pelvis set to 'Vibrate'..."

Very possibly my best one-liner of the entire trip not involving beer or gambling.

And on that note, I’m off to complete that NFL Preview. You know, the one that might be done soon. Maybe. But if it’s not ready by Labor Day, I’m shooting to have it posted by about Week 9...

Lata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home