Thursday, July 07, 2005

Vegas Update - Day 1

OK, so first things first. I will not be able to update EVERY day, only because my hotel charges $12 per day for Internet Access, and I'm here for 10 days. You do the math.

Second, I forgot how much I missed Vegas. The weather. The alcohol. The scantily clad women showing off all of their, ahem, assets. I love this city.

I spent yesterday working off of two hours of sleep on Tuesday night (I mean, could ya blame me for not being able to sleep?) and then flying to Vegas, adjusting to 104-degree heat, and getting to my hotel to nap. Didn't work out so well, as I got a phone call and two text messages within an hour of falling asleep, so I got up and prepared for my ParadisePoker.com pre-party at The Palms. I decided to represent Boston with my “Red Sox 2004 World Champions” shirt. I planned to go a little less subtle with a full blown Sox home jersey for Day one of the tournament, but I forgot to pack it.

The party was alright. It’s always a little disorienting to see people in real life that you only know by an Internet handle. Any presumptions I had about Internet poker players (fat, balding, socially challenged men... all but me of course) were blown away when I pulled up a chair next to a staggeringly beautiful women and what I presumed was her husband/boyfriend (turned out to be a fiancée). Much to my surprise, she was the player that had won the seat online. He was there as the guest. Shot my theory all to shit.

Luckily there was an open bar (sweetest two words in the English language after “nude beach”) and an abundance of beautiful women walking around the room, most of them there with a boyfriend/husband/random guy on the street, and most of them were clearly bored out of their minds.

Anyway, I made the mistake of drinking, albeit it a relatively small amount (only 8 beers – I went conservative), on a totally empty stomach. As such, I feel like crap today.

So that’s all that’s happened so far. Nothing amazing, nothing terrible. I’m going to go eat something before I spend the rest of the week sick.

I probably won’t update again until Sunday, after I play my first day in the WSOP on Saturday. If all goes well, I’ll update you with my status three days later, hopefully with the overall chip lead.

Lata.

Oh, P.S. Streaming WEEI is by far the greatest thing to come out of the Internet since The Dancing Baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home