Friday, September 14, 2007

What a weekend!

I must not have been paying attention when I filed my last post on here with My Week 1 Recap and Week 2 picks. How else could you explain how I missed possibly the biggest story in my sporting world?

Since moving to Pittsburgh, my access to the Boston sports scene has been limited to the WEEI web stream during the day, MLB.com's Gameday Audio package (which was soooo worth the $15 yearly fee), and the occasional FOX National Broadcast of the Red Sox on a Saturday. That's it. Obviously, I still have web access and can get to ESPN.com, SI.com, Foxsports.com, and a handful of blogs that I rely on for information.

That is, until this weekend. Tonight, the Red Sox / Yankees game is on a National ESPN broadcast. Tomorrow, the game is Nationally broadcast on FOX. Sunday night, I get to flip channels between the Red Sox / Yankees on ESPN and the Patriots / Chargers on NBC.

This is unbelievable! Not only do I get to watch my teams all in one weekend (all in HD, no less!), but I'm not even paying extra for Sunday Ticket or MLB.TV! I wish I'd realized this yesterday - I would have prepared myself properly (read: gone to buy three 12-packs and 6 different types of snacks) and holed up in my bedroom with a weekend-long live blog.

(UPDATE: I just had my second epiphany in as many hours - although it is going to be fantastic to see the Sox/Yanks on Saturday & Sunday, I will probably be subjected to the Joe Buck/TimMcCarver broadcast team on FOX, and Joe Morgan/Jon Miller on ESPN... Too bad the MLB.com webstream has about a 30 second delay)

(UPDATE UPDATE: There's a chance that network execs nationwide are subtely trying to set the world record for fights, break-ups and outright divorces in the greater New England area this weekend. How else do you explain Sox/Yanks and Pats/Chargers airing in direct competition with the Emmy award and the Emmy award re carpet pre-show? It's like the executives are just toying with families, trying to see how many single-television homes in New England will erupt into fullscale warfare Sunday night.)

As it stands, I'm thinking about live-blogging on Sunday for the Pats/Chargers & Sox/Yanks, especially considering the next day is going to be a waste anyway (I have to travel to New York at night for training later in the week).

I seriously don't know what to do with myself. It's like it's my birthday, only six weeks early. Check back Sunday morning - you might find me typing furiously while changing channels and researching a couple last-minute parlays.

Lata.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home