Thursday, April 26, 2007

The Ultimate NFL Draft Live Blog

Alright NFL fans, this weekend is the second biggest news time for the league, falling right behind Super Sunday, and somewhere slightly ahead of the daily "When Will Brett Favre Retire" headlines.

Naturally, this is the best time for a young, aspiring, Internet junkie writer like myself to sit back, pop open a frosty alcoholic beverage or eight, and wax poetic about the "length" and "upside" of very, very large men, most of whom I will probably never meet.

So where do I plan to be while I do this?

Playing my first (and probably last) round of golf of 2007. But that will not stop me. Technology is an amazing thing, and presuming I have enough battery life and patience, I plan to blog via a handheld PDA/Phone in-between snap hooks off the tee and multiple attempts at getting out of sand traps.

There's a 50/50 shot my phone ends up in a water hazard in frustration, and an even better shot that by about the 10th hole I am rambling incoherently about how the Raiders are definitely going to screw up the first pick by not taking Reggie Bush (like I said - alcohol may be involved), but I'm going to give it a shot.

Some of you may remember my last shot at live blogging, during the second round of the NFL playoffs back in January (Part 1 Part 2 Part 3). It was a fun experience, even if I couldn't feel my fingers for about 17 hours after. As far as Saturday goes, I figured - what the hell. Shanoff put out the challenge on his page earlier today, so I might as well do my best to answer the call.

Please don't rip me apart for spelling errors - I'll be using a keyboard about 3"x2.5" in total length (by comparison, my hands are almost 11" in length - it's going to be tough), and my PDA lacks a spell-check system. But I'm going to do my best, and if all goes well, you might even get a chuckle or three out of the day. Also, feel free to jump in the comments as I go along. I get an e-mail every time you guys comment, so I should notice it shortly after it shows up.

So I'll see you back here, bright and early (i.e. sometime around 11AM) Saturday morning. Keep in mind that I'll be checking the picks via ESPN.com rather than actually watching the draft live as it happens, so don't expect too many random jokes about Kiper's hair, Stuart Scott's lazy eye, or Chris Berman in general. (Although I do have the capabilty to watch the draft on through the web, my PDA/Phone doesn't have the battery life to hold up much past a half hour or so. Also, I'd prefer not to get kicked off the golf course.) I also expect that Blogger.com will find some way to screw this up entirely - like making each update into a new, separate post (definite possibility), but it's worth a shot.

That's it. Let's get the clusterfuck underway.

Lata.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home