Thursday, March 29, 2007

2007 MLB Preview - Introduction

2007 MLB Season Preview

Introduction

Alright, I’ve put this off long enough. I suppose it’s time for me to hunker down, pull together all the research, and actually put pen to paper. Or at least fingers to keyboard.

In the 5+ months since the Detroit Tigers threw away the World Series to the St. Louis Cardinals, I’ve tracked every free agent signing, every injury, every trade, every Japanese posting offer, all just to come to the following conclusion:

We know nothing in March.

Not that there’s any kind of enlightening new information in that statement. Every season since the beginning of 2004, I’ve sat down at my computer and typed roughly 15,000 words about the upcoming Major League season, about which teams are going to be outstanding, and which teams are going to disappoint. About which players will win the MVP and which players will crash and burn (with apologies to Cory Lidle… too soon?). And do you know how many times I’ve been right?

Once. When I picked the Red Sox to win it all in 2004 (was only one game off on the National League representative too…). Of course, I think I’ve picked the Red Sox to win it all every year since I was born, but that’s irrelevant. Sooner or later, I was going to be right, and it just so happened to be in the first year of my blogging infancy.

This year, I make no promises. All I will say is that if I’m wrong I‘m used to it. We know nothing in March. Get back to me in August…

(I’m posting this by league… American League today, and hopefully National League tomorrow. Bear with me – my fingers are about to explode from typing. Not to mention that I’ve written most of this with my friends’ band practicing about ten feet behind my head…)

American League

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home