Monday, January 22, 2007

Recap from McCarran Airport

I have absolutely no words to describe the football game I just watched. I have no intentions of trying to recap the game, or explain what happened. I'm simply not that good of a writer. What I can do, is ramble on for awhile, with no discernible end in sight, until my flight from Las Vegas back home to Boston decides to take off (my travel adventures this week are a whole other post, which will be forthcoming - just as soon as I confirm that I'm not slandering any of the involved parties...)

First things first - I apologize for my abbreviated picks post on Wednesday. There's no excuse for me mailing it in like that. I should have plugged in the laptop to avoid battery loss, or else wait until I landed in Vegas before posting (though in fairness, I've been without Internet access since I left Orlando. I'm in withdrawals.)

Now, quickly, let me say this before I sign off here to board my flight. Every member of the Colts' offensive coaching staff deserves a raise. I have never seen a team turn a game around after halftime the way the Colts did tonight. They found every hole in coverage, they pushed the line of scrimmage forward by four yards every time the ball was snapped. They absolutely dissected the Patriots. And more importantly, though their defense was not stellar (27 points to a team with "Ricochet" Caldwell as their #1 receiver is nearly the definition of "not stellar") they held just enough, and at the right time, to win the game.

Peyton Manning finally has half the monkey off his back. He's made it to the Super Bowl, and he did it by going through his biggest nemesis. He's leading the team that opened as a 7-point favorite at the Mirage (I know - I walked across the street and checked...).

And as of right now, I cannot see any way that I will pick the Colts to win it all in two weeks. Or at least not to cover.

Forgive me for cutting this off so abruptly. My flight will be boarding in a few minutes, and I still have to repack my carry-on bag, charge my phone and MP3 player, take two sleeping pills, and find a bathroom. Plus, I need to try to find a way to block the last seven hours out of my memory.

I'll be back in a day or two, hopefully with some cogent analysis of this game (and maybe even some talk about the Bears/Saints). Sorry I couldn't find a hotspot to live-blog the games today - after the 500 hits I got on here last Sunday (Thanks again to everyone who tuned in), I really wanted to do it again. Maybe for the Super Bowl.

Lata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home