Thursday, October 23, 2003

Introductions

So, here goes nothin'. Welcome to my brain. Let's hope you don't all get lost inside, I know I've been looking for an exit for a few years. Anyway, please allow me to introduce myself. Big D, your personal sports guru, at your service.

This running column/diary/log/overflow of my thoughts is meant to serve as a way to communicate what I am feeling about the current sports climate, both in my city (Boston) and around the nation. I have friends all over the country from school, and I plan to use each and every one of them to further this column.

I hope to someday break into the sports world. Given the choice, I'd play pro baseball. But that's not happening anytime soon, so I'd like to manage. But for now, maybe I'll just write about it and inform/entertain those of you who choose to read along the way.

Over the course of this column, I'd like to emphasize that while I a writing for myself, if there’s anything you'd like my opinion on, or any questions you might have, don't hesitate to ask. Also, please subscribe folks. This probably won't be a daily column for starters, but I'd like to write at least twice a week. So send me along to your sports-minded friends, and tell them to do likewise, and maybe I'll get noticed and you can say you read my columns way back when...

One last little detail. Well, actually 2. First, Xanga doesn’t' have a spellchecker that I know of, so if something is misspelled, I apologize. I'll try to catch mistakes, but...

Secondly, I am very opinionated. Anyone who has ever had a face-to-face with me about sports, or life in general, knows this first hand. I'll try not to offend anyone, but I believe very strongly in the whole first amendment thing, so if you don't like something I have to say, then don't read it. I won't object, but I probably won't back off either. Now that that is out of the way, let the fun begin....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home